Friday, November 23, 2007

Relax

[Relax - Frankie Goes to Hollywood]
So its 5:33am on the morning after Thanksgiving you think that I would be out shopping. However I cant drive...so I am stuck here sleeping with all of my family memebers. However I was talking to my girl friend earlier so I was awake and then I decided to do my devotions and check out facebook and whatnot online. Thinking about what gifts I want has always been a difficulty for me. However now that I have been on my own for a while I found out that if you leave me with list for a while I can make it quite large. Why is it that Americans have such and easy time coming up with enormously sized Christmas lists and then complain when they dont get that one thing that they really wanted!?! I hope that I am not so selfish that I would not appreciate the gifts that I am given or have been given. God has blessed my life so much in these last few months it has been incredible. Just to think that my life is a gift to me that God is giving is a totally new idea that never made since to me until now. I can sit and read all day and waist what God has given me. This time on earth that I am supposed to be using to grow closer to him and become a disciple of his teachings. What does a quiet time really look like for a Christian? Should it just be a time when we wake up or are about to go to bed where we read a little scripture do some praying...maybe work on a devotional we got for Christmas. I think that we need to focus on really getting away for a while maybe on our lunch break or some other time. Make a time that is really pulling yourself away so that we can pray and read scripture and really just be with God so that he can recharge you for the rest of the day. Im not saying that the morning and evening thing is bad I am just suggesting that Jesus took time out of his life even when he was busy with something to go and consult with his father. Shouldnt we be trying to commune with him at all times? Didnt Paul challenge us to be praying at all times? I know that as I prepare for myself to be going into the hospital I am going to have a lot of dead time in which I am going to have to decided what I am going to spend my time doing. Will it be playing electronic sudoku or pokemon on the gameboy? Will I read? Thats not a bad thing. Is it productive though? What will I read. I am sure that I will watch a lot of movies and play a lot of video games. They said that I might have trouble reading and stuff for a while so what else might I do. Pray? I could be praying all the time. Think of all the good I could do by interceding for all of my friends and family. So many are now praying for me daily and look at the benefit that has done. I have been taken from being very ill with testicular cancer spread all over my body to this...what am I now. I still have some cancer in my body. I am no longer a student or a part of the work force. I am kinda lost in space. I have more treatments...I guess you could call me a hospital junkie! Lol...that is really what I am. Constant trips to the doctors and hospital for treatments and surgeries. "Hey Jude dont make it bad, Take a sad song and make it better." I am looking forward to what the Lord has in store for me in the hospital. As for now though I have less then a week to do all my Christmas shopping and I have no idea what I am going to get anybody or even who I will be getting gifts for this year. I am a little on the short side for cash. Though it is a miracle that I even have cash! That is another story for another day. Someone remind me to write about it if anyone even reads these ramblings.

God Bless,
Dewey

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you really are back in the blogosphere, how nice. perdoname for not commenting with my blogger account, but it is on the verge of something musical.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home