Thursday, December 06, 2007

Well done good and faithful servant

At the end of the race looking back at the marathon just run the runner is reminded of his faults nd what he could have done better.

What are these bags you are carrying? These will just make you heavier. This would have messed up your stride that we worked so long to perfect. This baggage just made you heavier and slowed you down. What is this that I hear you took a water break at the 5th mile? I had planned for you to take that water break longer down the road so that it would be more effective and tell me you cramped up didnt you? It was not as enjoyable as you thought it would be. Why didnt you listen to me we had everything planned out so that you could run this race perfect. Why would you think that your own thoughts and ideas would be better. You should have thrown off all these extra things. This baggage that hindered you and so easily entangled you in the small places where you were only big enough to go through alone. I would have been there coaching you still. Did I not make it clear to you that I am all you need? Is there something that I am not giving you. I give you water that you will never thirst again. I give you bread so that you will not hunger again. I have provided everything that you need and yet you still struggle. You still bring all this extra baggage. You still take water stops that were not planned for nourishment that you dont need. All these things did was pull you down so that you raced slower and less efficiently. Thankfully I am not a coach who is in distaste. I love all my runners and we marked out a course together. Even though you did not follow it. You tried some short cuts. You brought a long baggage. You took breaks when you didnt need them. You still came through. You ran the race that was marked out for you and I have nothing more to say to you then WELL DONE GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT! Well done...my son.

Love God

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've definately taken some short cuts and water breaks. I've even stopped all together to take a nap. Luckily I've been woken up and reminded of the race I have to run. And now I have a running partner. : )

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home